"I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane."
George Orwell, 1984 (via evocativesynthesis)
“That night when you kissed me, I left a poem in your mouth, and you can hear some of the lines every time you breathe out.”
— Andrea Gibson (via killergrape)
- Woman: I'm smart
- Patriarchy: Well you're probably ugly then
- Woman: I'm creative
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Patriarchy: Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- Woman: I have value
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly lol
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & posted selfies on my blog
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut